Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Different Versions of the Bible

There are KJV's (King James Version), NKJV (New King James Version), ESV (English Standard Version), NLT (New Living Translation) just to name a few. People are stern and set on KJV being the best, accurate and oldest version. That's  just THEIR preference just like you prefer the version you have.  For me I personally like the NLT version better; simply because I find it easier to read and understand. I do have a KJV Bible, but I barely read out of that one. It's good to know that all of these versions are summarized by different theological/biblical scholars. Just know that it is just your decision on which one you like the best. Some are over summarized which is why I don't broaden my Bible version horizons that much. KJV is most aligned with the Hebrew Bible, but KJV is not everyone's preference of Bible choices. If you want the real deal consider a Hebrew Bible, it is harder to read and is of course in Hebrew. If you want to see the Hebrew Bible I'll post a link right here -----> http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm <------ it's the online version. Overall, it's up to you which version to read/use. If you're having a hard time choosing pray about it, pray that God will lead you to finding the perfect version for YOU. Happy Bible shopping:)

Grace,Love&Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment