Sunday, March 24, 2013

Scripture, Applications, and Spiritually Connecting

When it comes to God's word reading it, applying it, meditating on it and connecting with it, it becomes confusing. Made up of 66 books, the Old Testament being the prophesies and stories of men like Solomon, Saul and Abraham. While the New Testament is helping you out, telling you how to live the Christian life, with the apostles/servants of Christ talking to you and overall warning you of certain situations. Many do not know where to start. So, I'm going to let you know that you can start anywhere. Me personally I started with Genesis and went all over the place. From Genesis to Corinthians to Ephesians to Revelations to Acts and so on. As I read and came upon what books I really like, I developed a pattern on how to read and learn. I highlight and take really short notes to summarize the verse/s and familiarize myself with it. Say for instance I went to James read all of it and highlighted most of everything that hit me, is useful and that I will need. Knowing that you are or maybe will go through something similar about holding your tongue, faith and coming closer to God. Using different color highlighters is a good idea, along with meditating on it if you are having trouble with holding your tongue. So that when a moment comes when you want to say what's on your mind that scripture comes to mind and you think before you say it. As for Old Testament I remember the stories from when I was younger and my private school teachers would read the stories. I get a reminder when I go back and read, along with reading the stories to my brother and sister. I'm really bad at reading the Old Testament, so I'm challenging myself to read the Old Testament. I've of course read Psalms(some of it), Proverbs(most of it), Ecclesiastes, Isaiah and Job.From now to however long it takes to finish reading it. I've tackled reading the little books like Ezekiel-Malachi that no one really reads. I try reading as often as I can, daily if possible. I have a Bible app on my phone that has daily verses that I read, write down and go back and highlight in my Bible if it's really impacting. They also have plans that you can read on an array of topics, the app is called YouVersion. So, if you are still having a hard time reading the bible; pray about it. Pray that good opens your mind and heart, grants you the determination and self control to read His word. God Bless:)

Grace,Love&Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment