Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Using Time Wisely

I feel the need to be transparent with you guys, what's the point of sugar coating anyways? As stated in the previous post I had a one month music fast, but I didn't break in down in detail. I actually fasted from YouTube too. The fast ended today  6/11/13 and I was eager to hear my music when the clock hit 12 o'clock. In fact as I type this I'm listening to "Cliff&Claire by Sho Baraka." It was very exhilarating. You're probably like exhilarating?! Yes exhilarating, because I can appreciate the music even more than I did before and connect better spiritually. Just because the music talks about God, their walk in the faith and trials doesn't mean that it could replace mine/your time reading God's word. Music is just a way of giving praise to God and of course you can praise Him in different ways. During my fast I couldn't listen to my music or Christian music(whatever you want to call it). I could listen to music in the car with other people or with other people who played their own not mine. Some of the music I listened to before I came to Christ, so it was a bit challenge because I'm use to plugging in my earphones to avoid it. Even though I don't have an interest for half of the music I use to listen to, I have those flashback memories of the song and lyrics. So I had to talk to God a lot about not singing the lyrics in my head. I actually got to listen to the lyrics of the songs out today and it goes from decent to terrible. Boasting, pride, greed, lust, the list could go on and then your normal love songs. The fast helped me realize most of all out of everything that I need to use my time wisely. Even though I wasn't occupied with researching new music and artist; I spent more time on facebook and googling normal to non-sense things. I did complete plans on the YouVersion Bible app and read in my Bible, but not as much as I could have. I've started praying about using time wisely, balance in my life and better consistency in people's lives along with my normal 5 finger prayer. I consider myself an introvert, and a little bit of an extrovert sometimes. I communicate when needed or when I want and I enjoy alone time, but I can still hang out with my family and friends. Our electronics can be used for the greater good and the maximum bad. I tend to overdo it with the electronics, I must admit; which is why I pray about what I pray about. I take full responsibility for my actions and sins, because I know what I do so I have to confront myself. You might not be an electronic head, but you may be doing something else. Something else that is taking up time that you could be doing something beneficial with, like reading God's word, serving your community, evangelizing, communicating, building relationships or whatever.

Grace,Love,&Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment